Pages

Monday, June 6, 2011

Madeleines

I had to go and purchase a Madeleine pan ($15).  I know it's a little silly since it's only useful for one recipe, but I'm confident I'll create other versions so the pan gets plenty of use!
I used browned butter to make my Madeleines.  It gave some additional nuttiness.  However, I did not like the level of sweetness, so I will make the recipe again slightly differently and repost once I do. 

Ingredients:

12 oz butter
1c sugar, 1tsp vanilla, 1sp lemon zest
4 eggs
1c flour, 2 tsp baking powder, pinch kosher salt


Directions:

12 oz of butter in pan, cooked slowly until slightly brown & fragrant.
 Measure out 1c, and place in stand mixer. Wait until it is cool and semi-solid

.

Add 1c sugar, 1 tsp lemon zest, 1 tsp vanilla.
Combine, then add 2 eggs.  Combine, then add 1/2 the dry ingredients.  Combine, then add rest of egg. Combine, and add rest of dry.

 Fill Madeleine cups 2/3rds full, bake at 350F 8-10 min.  Pop them out after a minute of resting as they will continue to cook in the pan.



Tips:

-From the 3 sticks of butter there was about 1/4 c. left after browning - use it on popcorn!  You'll never use regular butter again, promise!
-Dip in chocolate, sprinkle with powdered sugar, or get creative!

1 comments:

Nekohakase said...

Hooray!!! And I love the pictures of the in-between stages! The result looks delicious.

Post a Comment